Monday, January 10, 2011

Ready for London!

Hi Everyone!

As I sit in the San Francisco Airport awaiting my flight to LA and then London, I am eagerly anticipating all of the adventures to come in the next few months. I know that I am going to have the time of my life this semester, and I cant wait to get there and let it all begin. My experiences in Spain this summer have made me a much more confident traveler--I finally know how to use public transportation, I can calculate currency conversions in my head, I am much more cautious of my purse (after my wallet was stolen in Barcelona), I can speak a foreign language relatively fluently, I can navigate airports like a professional, and I am overall much more independent. Something that I still haven't learned, however, is how to pack lightly, as I managed to bring two 50lb suitcases and one 25lb carry-on backpack. I was able to convince the guy at the security check point that my backpack would fit in the overhead bins even though it had trouble fitting in the carry-on sizer. Fingers crossed it will actually fit. While on the plane, I plan on working on my applications for my summer internships, catching up on "Always Sunny in Philadelphia," reading my England travel book, and sleeping as much as possible. I am so excited that I dont think sleep is much of an option for me.

Email will be my primary source of communication until May 1. I will also be using Skype (jrhodes25). I am starting a blog (that I haven't finished yet) and I will update you as soon as its up and running. That way, you can look at my travels whenever you feel like it (rather than me flooding your inbox).

My mailing address is as follows:

Jane Rhodes
c/o ACCENT
99-103 Great Russell Street
London WC1B 3LA
ENGLAND

Cheers for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment