Monday, February 28, 2011

Imperial War Museum

Imperial War Museum: (Wednesday 2/16) Our field trip to the Imperial War Museum on Wednesday was very interesting. Approaching the museum, we were greeted by two large guns facing out from the front entrance. Inside, we saw the "little boy" atomic bomb, the remnants of a car used as a car bomb in Baghdad and various military airplanes and tanks. We then walked through World War I and II exhibits. After our guided tour, we were free to explore on our own. Most of us went to the holocaust exhibit that we had heard so much about. It took me about two hours to walk through, reading every detail and taking in every photograph and scene (that I could bear to look at). The most memorable was the scaled model of Auschwitz as well as the glass case of the last things people held on to before entering the camps (shoes, buttons, mugs, photographs, etc.). It was a very moving experience. I have been to the Holocaust museum in Washington DC, but I was a lot younger and this one is much larger. I was silent the whole way home. 











No comments:

Post a Comment