Thursday, February 24, 2011

Victoria and Albert Museum

Victoria and Albert Museum: (Saturday 2/12) This museum was a bit overwhelming, so Sonya and I decided to pick a few things we wanted to go to and come back another time. We went to the photography exhibit, which I loved. They had a special exhibit featuring photography without cameras. So neat. We then went to the jewelry collection, possibly my favorite museum exhibit thus far, which contains over 6000 items. The jewelry dated from to Ancient Egypt to modern day designers. My favorite pieces were the exquisite tiaras made for various princesses (who's names I cannot remember). I also loved the spiral design of rings, starting with diamond rings in the center and spiraling out with rubies, sapphires, pearls, etc. They were absolutely gorgeous. Sonya and I each picked out our two favorites and I snuck an illegal photograph before we left.



No comments:

Post a Comment