Thursday, February 24, 2011

War Horse Theatre Performance

War Horse Theatre Performance: (Tuesday 2/15) Out of all the performances I have seen so far, War Horse is probably my favorite. I went to the play having no idea of what to expect, and came out stunned. I laughed, cried, and found myself at the edge of my seat towards the end so worried about what was going to happen. My friend Adam next to me had to politely remind me that it was a play and that everything was going to be okay. The performance was absolutely amazing. It is so hard to describe, but there were sets of three actors moving these huge wooden horses. At first, I didn't think they were that realistic, but by the end I was so wrapped up in the story that I had to remind myself that they were fake. Two actors operated the horse from underneath (covered by the body of the horse), while one operated the head and stood next to the horse. The simplest things like twitching of the ears made the horses really come alive. Ironically, my mom actually emailed me the next day saying she heard such good things about the show from a friend and wondered if I had heard of it and if I could get her tickets. I think I will probably see it again with them when they get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment